International Beach Volleyball Players’ Association
Information collection and use
IBVPA does not collect personal identifying information when you access the Website homepage and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data (except cookies; see below under “cookies”).
IBVPA collects personal identifying information when you register on the Website, when you use certain products or services on the Website and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by IBVPA or its business partners. IBVPA may also receive personal identifying information from its business partners.
When you register IBVPA asks for your name, e-mail address, and some other personal information. Once you register with IBVPA and/or sign in to our products or services, you are not anonymous to IBVPA.
IBVPA also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your computer, IBVPA’s cookies information and the page you requested.
IBVPA uses information collected for three general purposes: for technical administration of the Website, for research and development to achieve and maintain a high service level and for customer information (to customise the content you see, to fulfil your request for certain products and services and to contact you about specials and new products and services).
Information sharing and disclosure
IBVPA will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. IBVPA may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
- IBVPA has your consent to share the information;
- IBVPA needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- IBVPA needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of IBVPA to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated so, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information IBVPA provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- IBVPA responds to courts or authorities; or
- IBVPA finds that your actions on the Website violate IBVPA Website Terms and Conditions of Use or any other
- IBVPA guidelines or rules applicable for specific services.
- IBVPA may set and access IBVPA’s cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- IBVPA uses its own cookies for number of purposes, mainly to:
access your information when you “sign in”, so that we can provide you with customized content;
keep track of preferences you specify while you are using IBVPA services.
estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
conduct research and development to improve the Website contents and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
- IBVPA may allows third parties that are presenting promotions or researching users response to advertisement on some of our pages to set and access their own cookies on your computer. Third parties’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not this one.
Access to your personal identifying information
IBVPA gives you the ability to access your personal identifying information by sending us an e-mail including in the title of the e-mail the reference to personal identifying information at info@IBVPA.org
If you communicate with IBVPA by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
In certain areas, IBVPA uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
IBVPA is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
Questions or suggestions